Advancing Trails Webinar
Enhancing Trail Stewardship through Leave No Trace
Learn about what one parks, trails, and open space division accomplished in order to enhance Leave No Trace stewardship practices and address growing trail issues throughout their system.
- Gillian Rossi, Recreation & Cultural Services Department, City of Colorado Springs Parks
- Participants will learn about Leave No Trace as an organization and what benefits a community partnership can provide.
- Participants will learn what steps the City of Colorado Springs took to become the first municipality in the nation to attain Leave No Trace Gold Standard Site designation for multiple properties in its park system.
- Participants will learn strategies taken by soft enforcement park staff to promote positive behavior changes by trail users.
- Participants will learn strategies to enhance park signage in order to gain compliance.
This webinar qualifies as a Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) course (via LA CES).
Gillian Rossi, Recreation & Cultural Services Department, City of Colorado Springs Parks
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Gillian is a Senior Park Ranger with the City of Colorado Springs’ Trails, Open Space & Parks (TOPS) program and currently serving as the Colorado State Advocate for Leave No Trace. Gillian developed a passion for Leave No Trace while working as a park interpreter for Arkansas State Parks and pursued a Master of Environmental Management degree at Western Colorado University in order to gain additional tools to promote environmental stewardship through the lens of integrative and public land management. Her mission is to help create a culture of stewardship throughout land management agencies and the outdoor recreation industry.
We are offering closed captioning for our webinars, thanks to a partnership with VZP Digital. If you are in need of this service, please email us prior to the webinar. An unedited transcript will be sent to all attendees following the webinar.