KPWB is sad to announce that our current Environmental Programs Manager, Claudia Harris, will be moving in mid June.
We are currently accepting applications. Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com, Attention: Aliya Faille no later than 5 PM on May 13, 2016.
Seeking: Environmental Programs Coordinator
Starting at $15.00/hour*, 40 hours/week
Nature and Extent of Assignment
Implement all aspects of program objectives including public presentations, state/local/private grant fulfillment, business and citizen relationships, special events and other efforts as appropriate. Participate in programmatic and organization planning, while also responsible for writing, reporting, and record-keeping. Provide for positive public relations to promote the agency mission, community education and agency name recognition.
- Know and support the mission, purposes, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths and needs of KPWB
- Promote KPWB’s mission
- Coordinate, manage and implement the assigned programs
- Meet measures and grant requirements as assigned by program
- Maintain continuity and consistency in programming despite a changing volunteer base
- Conduct presentations to community groups, businesses and youth groups/schools
- Prepare and maintain necessary records and reports
- Train and supervise program volunteers
- Increase and maintain visible relationships with local organizations, schools, county and state agencies, and local businesses
- Create printable and electronic materials for program promotion and community education
- Manage day-to-day administrative and operational procedures to ensure proficient program development
- Attend to other reasonable duties and responsibilities as directed by Executive Director and/or Board.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Environmental education experience (paid or unpaid), nonprofit experience Knowledge of presentation skills and practices used in introducing/promoting subject matter; ability to plan, organize and implement a comprehensive community program in specific subject matters; ability to handle multiple projects, ability to develop and provide training for volunteers; ability to organize and perform work independently; ability to operate standard office equipment including computer software, preferably Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with business leaders, staff, volunteers and the general public; ability to supervise volunteers; ability to work under pressure; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and corporate community.
Note: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Aliya Faille no later than 5 PM on May 13, 2016.