Could you be the one we’re looking for?
Adopt-A-Highway Regional Team Leader
Keep Prince William Beautiful | Keep Virginia Beautiful
Part-Time Position: 15-20 hours per week
This position starts July 1, 2021 and ends on December 1, 2021 with an opportunity to continue beyond this timeframe depending on contract renewal with VDOT and KVB
Reports To: Executive Director
Keep Prince William Beautiful (KPWB) has entered into a partnership with Keep Virginia Beautiful (KVB) to help manage the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Adopt-A-Highway (AAH) Program in the northern Virginia region. Regional Team Leaders (RTL) cover the three regions of the state as liaisons and points of contacts for VDOT’s Adopt-A-Highway Coordinators and volunteers.
About Keep Prince William Beautiful: KPWB is an organization dedicated to educating and inspiring local community members on how to be environmental stewards and to step-up their sustainability mindset. We achieve this through our litter cleanup programs, outreach and education programs, and other related programs and activities. Here at KPWB, we value and embody honesty, gratitude, good communication, and a continual-learning mindset. The KPWB work culture is progressive, forward thinking, and equity minded. Staff have the opportunity to fully develop their potential in a variety of ways: as organizational leaders, in shaping programs and advocacy efforts, and in working towards a future where sustainability and environmental stewardship are embraced as the norm rather than the exception.
About Keep Virginia Beautiful: KVB engages and unites Virginians to improve our natural and scenic environment. Our goal is to be the state’s voice, providing a framework for improved communications and collaboration, cultivating and supporting sustainable programs, and engaging citizens by linking them to volunteer opportunities and information focused on our 5 core principles – Litter Prevention, Recycling, Waste Reduction, Beautification and Education.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Work consists of a blend of in-office work (some of which may be remote) and travel around the northern Virginia region
- Act as primary contact with Adopt-a-Highway Coordinators in their region
- Build relationships with businesses and volunteer groups to participate in the Adopt-A-Highway Program
- Support and train community volunteers and groups
- Assist with volunteer recognition efforts
- Serve as the point of contact for local Chambers of Commerce, offices of tourism, professional and service groups, and litter & recycling managers
- Develop partnerships to assist with youth environmental education to increase litter and recycling education and awareness
- Disseminate Keep Virginia Beautiful and AAH materials throughout designated regions while creating a local presence at fairs, festivals, and community events
- Promote internal and external publicity including social media, local print and television media
- Coordinating and managing KPWB Community Litter Cleanups within Prince William County
- Must be able to lift and handle 20 – 50 lbs
- Must live in the northern Virginia region
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a passion for the environment and sustainability
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, good driving record and be able to drive throughout the designated region and to and from regular meetings
- Commitment to KPWB and KVB mission and core principles
- Able to communicate effectively and possess phenomenal interpersonal skills
- Great sense of humor
- Comfortable speaking in front of a crowd, virtually and in-person
- Previous nonprofit and/or volunteer management experience
- Attention to detail and strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience or interest in videography and/or photography
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: Aleta Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should include answers to the following questions: Why are you a good fit for Keep Prince William Beautiful? How do you practice sustainability and environmental stewardship in your life? What is your strongest character asset? Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled. The anticipated start date is July 1st, 15-20 hours per week. Compensation is $17/hour plus reimbursement for travel expenses.
Employment at Keep Prince William Beautiful is based upon individual qualifications without regard to race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, veteran status or other classification protected by federal, state or local law. KPWB is committed to fostering a fair, equitable and inclusive work environment to all employees.